Monday, July 8, 2013

Video: Jamie Campbell Bower "Don't judge me before you see the film"



Jamie Campbell Bower became extremely passionate this weekend at London's Comic-Con as he spoke about what it was like hearing negative reactions to his casting as Jace Wayland in the upcoming film adaptation of The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones.

 Jamie Bower Worldwide shared this video of Jamie at London Comic-Con that City of Shadowhunters had transcribed:



“You know on a personal level…Yeah it was hurtful, yeah it sucks. I’m not gonna lie, it stinks because people will always have a pre-conceived notion of who the character is. It’s in the nature of when you read a book, but what really frustrates me is, don’t judge me before you see the film! Yeah, okay fine, I look a bit different, I’m an actor, it’s part of a job! I can go to the gym, I could, I could, give me a chance! … And then with negative comments, about like, like with what cassie says: for every person that says they like what you do, there is somebody that says they don’t like what you do. Does that mean that it’s okay? Absolutely not! Absolutely, I will not sit here and condone any form of, …like bullying, like whether it’s like verbal, physical, on the internet, like anything like that, that stinks like shit to me, sorry. … So, you know, I guess, you just got a happy family, and your friends around you. You know, when, when things get tough, you know they love you for who you are, not for what you are.” 
To show their support to Jamie Campbell Bower, shadowhunters are trying to trend #JamieIsJace  worldwide today at 2PM PST, 5PM EST, 10PM in the UK, and 6PM in Argentina and Brazil.

I am so proud to see an actor that speaks so passionately against bullying, bring to life one of my favorite book characters. Tell us how Jamie Campbell Bower makes you proud in the comments below!


3 comments:

  1. jamie is the best guy isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm supporting him since the very beginning, he is SUCH A BETTER choice than Alex Pettyfer (many people regret him but i absolutely DON'T, he just couldn't be Jace, he didn't seem strong enough to play this role).
    Jamie Campbell Bower is one of my favorite actors, and nobody could be a better Jace than he is. It's incredible how both fit together, Jace is Jamie, Jamie is Jace.
    And it almost brings tears in my eyes to hear him asking people not to judge him.. I'm still wondering if people who aren't happy with this choice read the same books that I have.

    #JAMIEISJACE and Shadowhunters are so proud of him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Jamie is one of my fav actors and i can not see any one else being Jace

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...