Monday, April 1, 2013

New interview with Lily Collins

A new interview with Lily is up today on EW.com. It is always great to see Lily interviewed, because she seems as big of a fan of the books, Cassie, and "JamieIsJace" as the rest of us.

“The special effects and the CGI are going to be incredible, but it’s not a film based on that,” Collins says. “It just adds to the other elements of the film. We’ve kept the humor [from the book], and we’ve really made it about human emotion and character. I’m just excited to see the action and giggle and swoon over the romance. I hope that everyone loves it as much as I loved making it. I would love to play Clary over and over again.”

EW: So as a fan, what was your favorite scene to shoot?
Lily: Hmm, there’s so many different scenes [that] are all so different! I mean, the fight sequences were fun.

EW: What has your contact with author Cassandra Clare been like?
Lily: I didn’t meet with her before I was cast. I spoke with her on the phone a few times during the casting process but I met her for the first time the weekend right before we started shooting, when she came out to Toronto for the table read. We all went out to dinner with her. It was so crazy to be at the table with her, the creator of these stories. The ability to pick her brain about things, and hear her opinions and ideas and just for her to be at the table read and give her two cents on the script. To have her involvement and enthusiasm in the project was unparallelled. I just wanted her to revel in her books being made into movies! I wanted her to come on set and I wanted to see her reaction to the scripts and all this kind of stuff. It was really amazing to have her there and hear her feedback.

EW: Fans are quite pumped about seeing Jace on the big screen. What do you like about his performance?
Lily: I love that Jamie plays Jace in this way – he’s got this amazing balance between being this cocky and sarcastic guy, which is what we love about Jace, and then all of sudden he can turn and be incredibly vulnerable and emotional and sensitive. And Jamie’s got these two sides to him – I think it takes an incredible actor to be able to want to show a vulnerable side, because I think so many actors just want to be this masculine character. Jamie can be doing amazing fight choreography and flips and sword fighting, and the next second he can be getting emotional and cry. … I’ve said from day one [when Jamie walked in], that was it. He had this amazing playful energy that is so collaborative. I cannot wait for people to see him as Jace because it is Jace come to life. I’m really proud of him.

You can read the whole article here: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/04/01/mortal-instruments-lily-collins/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...