Monday, June 25, 2012

Movie Monday #6: Isabelle discusses Alec's sexuality


We are just over a year away from the theatrical release of ‘The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones’ and the hype for the adaptation of the internationally best selling series by Cassandra Clare will only continue to grow as the release draws nearer.
I’ve banded together with other ‘Mortal Instruments’ fansites (TMI Source, Mundie MomsTMI Examiner and TMI News en Espanol)) for a new weekly feature called Movie Monday.
Each Monday leading up to the August 23, 2013, release of ‘The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones,’ we will take a look at a scene, moment, detail, etc. and give our opinions on how we think it will be interpreted in the big screen adaptation.

This week we take a look at the scene before Magnus Bane's party when Clary questions Isabelle about Alec's sexuality. Cassie said when Jemima auditioned for the role of Isabelle, she said that Jemima was lovely and passionate as she said “I love my brother, I’d do anything for him, but I can’t help him with this”. With that being said, it looks like this scene will definitely be included in some way.


Here's my take on it:

I would like to see the scene with Clary asking Isabelle about Alec being gay. I think it shows a lot of depth in Izzy’s character. For the most part, Izzy is rough around the edges, even in her seven inch heels. However, Isabelle is absolutely loyal to her family and open minded enough to see that Alec is different than the stereotypical shadowhunter and loves him even more for that. It also gives Clary and Izzy a bonding moment. I look forward to this
moment!

Make sure to read the rest of the article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...